The Roman arch of Medinaceli dates from the 2nd century AD. Built on a hill overlooking the valley of the Jalón and opposite the valley of the Arbujuelo, it is a stone structure 13.10 meters long, 9.05 meters high and 2.02 meters wide. It was declared a National Monument in 1930. Several archaeological surveys have shown that as well as an honorary structure it was part of a section of previous Roman walling, so it was also a gateway to the city of Ocilis. It is thought to have been built to enhance the city walls.
Illarregui, Emilio; y De la Casa, Carlos, separata de De la Casa, Carlos; y Martín de Marco, José Antonio (coor.). 2017. Medinaceli. Historia. Nobleza. Iglesia. Soria: Ayuntamiento de Medinaceli.